- Raise your hand if you are a man and you like food.
- Keep your hand up if you also like cooking.
- Ok, I see quite a few hands still up. Now, keep your hands up if you also like reading about food on blogs or in magazines (or watching food tv shows).
- Put your hand down if you feel like any of this food media (blogs, magazines, TV shows) is geared towards you and gives you what you want in terms of tone, advertising, subject matter, etc.
"I don't cook 30 min. meals, I don't look for quick and easy things to get on the table," he said. "I cook to see what happens."
So, what are your thoughts? If you're a guy that loves food, what content would you like to see? An article or show about [fill in the blank]? What advertisers do you *wish* you saw between the pages of Bon App articles, or in commercials during "Man vs. Food?"
Let me know. I'm seriously really curious about this.[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="397" caption="Photo credit: CarbonNYC on Flickr"][/caption]
I've always wanted to partner with a mag like GQ as a media sponsor or paid sponsor for Midnight Brunch (P.S. Did you get your tickets?). Midnight Brunch is a fun, sexy, adventurous experience that appeals to men as much as to women and I've always had a good mix between men & women at my events. So, that should happen.
Also, I'm partnering with Char-Broil as a featured blogger to do a series of posts on grilling. My first one is going to be about my first experience smoking a turkey, which will not only appeal to you guys who dream of smoking things made of meat, but it will also be hilarity for the whole family as I will assuredly burn something down in the process.
Bottom line, I love men. Always have and always will. I'm obviously a chick (living in a woman-dominated food media world) but I want this site and my food events to be man-friendly and loved by all.
In the meantime, enjoy these man-friendly/man-focused food sites made just for your enjoyment:
- Food Republic (backed by superstar chef and uber-hustler Marcus Samuellson)
- Immaculate Infatuation (food reviews across the country from two music industry straight-talkers)
- Epic Meal Time (their latest episode is the "Gentlemen's Episode," and features a lady in a bacon bra, FYI)
I love sharing details about upcoming tasty trips and adventures, so you won't want to miss a bite. As always, please feel free to chat with me on Twitter, join our group on Facebook and keep up with new posts here by subscribing.