Today MOTB turns two!
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="332" caption="Photo credit: 3liz4"]
It's hard to believe it was just two summers ago when I was making my first hot and sweaty forays into Crown Heights to explore West Indian food. Since then, we've done a lot of gallivanting, eating all sorts of ethnic food in New York City and drinking all manner of cocktails above ground, underground and in every imaginable type of weather. All for you.
In our second year, we:
What else? Oh yeah, we threw our first food + tech event
, launched a supper club
and MOTB's founder quit her day job to do what she loves
And now look at us ... there are hundreds of you who visit each week to see what new, tasty treats we're sharing.
To thank you, we want to do a few things. During our "terrible twos," we want to:
- Make MOTB a more amazing and beautiful site, providing you with great content (and more frequent posts) about ethnic food, food events in NYC and abroad, food + tech and craft cocktails. For Christmas, we want a comprehensive redesign (tell Santa!).
- Grow our community.
- Reward our community.
On those last two points, here's where you come in.
To celebrate, we're asking you to share your love of MOTB with YOUR friends and followers however you can. To reward you for it, we're giving away one truly amazing, brand new SONY WX9 Digital camera
, courtesy of SONY Electronics. This point and shoot has been the gadget behind most of the photos here on MOTB since March.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Sony Cybershot WX9. (The camera being given away in this contest is black). Photo Credit: Wayfaring Wanderer"]
Sony gave MOTB and a few other food writers/bloggers a WX9 before they went on sale and we're so in love with it that we take it almost everywhere. It wouldn't be fair for us to tell you how amazing it is without at least one of you getting to try it out, so SONY gave us a second WX9 to give away. You'll see some of the amazing food and cocktail photos taken with it in our next post, so be sure to come back later on Thursday.
If you enter following the below suggestions, you could win a brand new black WX9. We have two great books to give away to runners-up. And all of you get our thanks in advance. This site wouldn't be anything without its passionate readers and fans.
Here's how to enter:
Each action below counts for one entry, and each action requires a separate comment here on this entry
so we know what you did and so you get credit for your kind gesture. This means, if you do 1, 2 and 3, you need to leave three different comments.
- Subscribe to MOTB via email (your subscriptions will soon be flipped over to a shiny new MOTB newsletter). Click here to do so. Leave a comment here letting us know you've subscribed.
- Add MouthOfTheBorder.com to your site's blogroll. Please leave a comment here letting us know. And thank you for doing so!
- Become a fan of Mouth of the Border on Facebook. Comment here to let us know you fanned the MOTB page (or let us know if you are already a fan).
- In your comment here, tell us about your most amazing meal -- where did it take place (doesn't have to be a resto), what did you eat and who were you with (if anyone). Any other details around what made it such a standout meal would be fun to hear!
- Share about MOTB's birthday on Twitter. [Example Tweet: "Wish MouthoftheBorder.com a happy 2nd bday. Enter to win a new @sonyelectronics cam perfect for taking pix of your food. http://mouthoftheborder.com/?p=1064"] Remember to leave a comment here letting us know you’ve tweeted.
In total, one person can have five entries. If you forget to comment here, then you don't get credit for the gesture. The contest closes next Wednesday, July 6th at 11:59 p.m. EST. The winner will be chosen with random.org and announced here on Thursday, July 7th. No shipping charge for continental US residents. International winners have the option of paying shipping charges or forfeiting their prize.
Thank you in advance. We'd love to respond to every one of your comments, but don't want to mess up the randomizer! Happy commenting!
As always, please feel free to chat with me on Twitter. Keep your eyes peeled for the next post here and the announcement of our winners next week.