Thank you to everyone who came out Tues. night for the first ever Eats + Apps Food App showcase. On-the-spot feedback was overwhelmingly positive. Our attendees and members of the food media community kept the presenting app teams busy all night as they showed everyone how to use their products and answered questions.
Many people loved engaging with Foodspotting‘s head of social media (and Mouth of the Border friend) Amy Cao.
Gourmet Live earned the distinction of winning most popular custom-designed burger of the night (see their creation on the menu board photo below).
In my unscientific review, the Baking Bread Basics and Ratio apps seemed to have generated the most “buzz” in tweets and in blog posts post-event.
There were high points at every turn. Food Network’s In The Kitchen app crew had gift cards for everyone who stopped by, wine app Snooth provided wine for the night and Gojee provided a snack as healthy as the rest of our food that night with their signature trail mix. Not to be outdone, Dinevore released an update today, so everyone who got to meet their founder Jeremy Fisher on Tuesday night should definitely swing by the site and check out what’s new.
We loved seeing everyone’s tweets from the event projected on the giant tweet board. We also really dug the sweet potato fries (and other bites) provided by our venue, 4Food, and eavesdropping on all the engaging conversations and informal presentations.
I had a blast working with with my friends and co-producers on the event, Danielle Gould of Food+Tech Connect and Brian Quinn/Jonny Cigar of The Noble Rot. We hope to bring app lovers together again at future editions of Eats + Apps!
- View a slideshow from my talented friend Waisum here.
- View some more sweet shots from attendee and app enthusiast Nico Alary.
- Many of the above picks were snapped by pro photo Alex Bitar.
- Food Network’s In The Kitchen App at Eats and Apps Bash (Food Network Blog)
- The Rise of Food & Wine Apps (PSFK)
- Foodspotting at Eats & Apps in NYC (Foodspotting Blog)
- Eats + Apps at Social Media Week NYC (The Experimental Gourmand)
- When Food Meets Technology (Seriously Soupy)
- NYC Supper Clubs: The Epitome of Unique User Experience (The Buzz Bin)
I love sharing details about upcoming tasty trips and adventures, so you won’t want to miss a bite. As always, please feel free to chat with me on Twitter, join our group on Facebook and keep up with new posts here by subscribing.